30% - 1. Conduct research in cloning genes and making constructs for proteins expression in E. coli and mammalian systems
50% - 2. Downstream bio-processing of proteins for various applications.
10% - 3. Purchasing supplies and managing inventory.
10% - 4. Keeping detailed notes and records pertaining to all research work, and writing detailed final reports for the project.
1. Bachelor's degree (by time of appointment) in biochemistry, chemistry, biology, bio-engineering or a related field.
2. At least 6 months in (1) DNA cloning and site-directed mutagenesis and (2) protein expression and purification.
3. Strong written communication skills as evidenced by application materials.
1. Master's degree in biochemistry, bio-engineering or closely related field.
2. Bachelor's degree in biochemistry, microbiology or closely related field plus at least half year of full-time laboratory experience in cloning and protein expression and purification.
3. Experience in any or all of the following: large-scale expression and purification of protein; enzyme assays using UV or fluorescence; DNA cloning, site-directed mutagenesis and use of restriction enzymes; use of baculovirus or mammalian expression systems; use of affinity, size exclusion and ion exchange chromatography; use of SDS-PAGE electrophoresis or HPLC.
4. Experience organizing data and preparing reports using standard presentation software (e.g. Microsoft Office).
5. Strong oral communication skills.